HOW TO DEFINE KEY MESSAGES?
After defining objective and mapping local groups relevant for communication strategy, you need to create key messages which will stimulate young people with lack of income to engage. In this step, feel free to be creative as much as you can.
For creating unique and appropriate key messages, you need to keep in mind that various segments of your target group have different needs which they are expecting to receive from your side, so you need to create values which will help each segment of the target group to finish their task (read something, learn, inform or do) and achieve benefits from it, to be satisfied.
Steps to do it:
In the context of your work and your offer (youth mobility), what one segment of the target group (the one you prioritized first) expect from you?
- Covering the expenses of travel and accommodation
- Meeting new people
- Learning a language etc.
Try to translate that into “need” of that segment. List all needs of one segment.
Think of “needs” both, as an opportunity to solve some problems they have or as an opportunity to gain some additional value from you.
When you defined all needs, help your target group to achieve them. Transfer your help to them into OFFER.
For example, young people with low budget income value increasing of employment prospects after mobility. They need to find correlation between their value and youth mobility. By informing them about mobility programs and opportunities to learn different languages you can encourage them to participate.
While creating key messages, your style should be positive and casual. Key messages should be adjusted according to the type of social media you will choose for dissemination (number of characters, hashtags, etc.)
The most common social media platform used among young people with low budget income is Facebook. They do not usually use Twitter or Instagram, so we advise you to focus on Facebook. However, you can dedicate few posts on your Instagram or Twitter directed towards them.
- create posts that seek engagement
- use few hashtags – #funding #mobility #international
- do not forget @ tag – focus on organizations (check step 2.)
- post stories – inspirational quotes, direct to new post on Instagram etc.
- use hashtags – #support #mobility #international #travel #youth
- short text (120 characters)
- hashtags – #financial #support #travel #free
Choose the one social media platform which is most popular among youth you wish to attract, in your area. Scan Facebook, Instagram, or Twitter pages of organizations or/and which you listed in the step before. Do not forget alumni youth- sharing their experiences and success stories you can encourage youth to take part in your program.
Here are some examples of key messages you can use for publishing on your social media profiles:
– What do you think would be the biggest advantage of youth mobility? Answer in comment.
– (name of the program) is covering all mobility costs- accommodation, travel and food. Contact us for more information.
– Do not worry, (name of the program) is adjusted for everyone. We got you covered in all aspects!
– If you want to explore the world with no extra costs and meet new people and different cultures, (insert name of the program) is just right for you – check out the link in our bio for more information (insert a picture)
– If you want to explore the world and meet new people and different cultures, (insert name of the program) is just right for you! #youth #mobility #travel